Thursday 19 February 2009

Project LTO





Found this bike on a late night blog jump from one comment to the next site. Whoever set up eBlogger was pretty bloody clever to think of that. I love seeing a comment that has been left, then clicking through and finding that person also has a blog.
This fella is in Sweden and his blog is called DP Race Tech. His project is called LTO - Left Turn Only. It is pretty bloody hardcore, because he wants this to be a road bike. !? etc. It has a Jawa speedway engine, so one gear, permanently engaged, I reckon. If it's a grasstrack motor, it has two gears. The frame looks so good with the little chopper tank.
Good on him. I reckon LTO might end up meaning Long Time 'Ospitalised, though. Swedes are brilliant.

'Some have asked "when will LTO hit the streets", "is the project dead", "are you a chicken" etc. so I guess it's time to show some of the progress. Right now I feel the overall look is right on the $$$, Speedway but not really, don't wan't to do it the other way around since another Swede has already done that, the handlebars feel just right and finally tyres have been decided on, the rear is a 4.0-19" Avon Safety wich looks a bit fat but I like it, front was harder, there aren't a buch of 23" tyres to choose from, I don't want Speedway rubber and not the fat new Avon 23" so I went with bicycle, YES it's a Nokian tire from a Kronan, love the look but the handling!?!?!?! we'll see. What's left is some welding on the rear frame & tank, I have to finalize the decision on the rear brake so ISR can start making it, right now I like a sprocket brake with a 6-piston caliper if it can be made as large as 72 tooth. Then it's off to powdercoat and paint.'

6 comments:

DP Race Tech said...

Thanx for the nice words, good to see it here. Yes it's a one/no speed, and it's the last model Jawa 4 valve motor (before they "laid" i down) built by legandary Hasse "Manolito" Holmqvist who builds Posas ice racing motors, it has been on the dyno with 94bhp on the rear wheel. Plans ar as you said, street driven but only on short stints at shows & gahterings but I have an extra rear wheel with an old Good Year drag racing slick on so I will also do some 1/8 mile dragracing with the "Vintage Drags" crew here in Sweden....

DP says: Yes we Swedes are not all there....

streetracker said...

This is the future of street bikes, no doubt!

DP Race Tech said...

Maybe of interest to you all here, Swedish TV ran a documentary about Per Olof "Posa" Serenius world champ ice racer and "old man" still racing at 59 (!!!). The motor in my LTO is built by Hasse "Manolito" who's in the movie, sadly it's in Swedish but it's a great flick, the film team followed "Posa" for 3 years racing in Russia and Europe and this is the result http://svtplay.se/v/1443631/dokumentar/icy_riders

DP says: Some awesome fotage....

Allan said...

WOW, only in sweden!
Like to see that on the streets!

By the way, i just watched the documentary "icy riders", and it is really cool!

I'm danish so i understood some of it, but my swedish isn't that good.
But some really awesome fotage, really nice!

missinglink said...

That thing is insanely cool looking . I love `skinnimalism`.

Anonymous said...

Superb film - thanks for posting the link. Hardly understood a word, but well worth watching.

In fact I think I may have another look ...