Thursday 30 April 2009

Aldana Grasstrack


One for the collectors - Aldana grasstracking! Don't forget, there's a great shot of Aldana in SB3 for those who haven't ordered yet...

Wondered if you would be interested in this photo of Dave Aldana riding Grass Track. I took the photo way back in 1979. After reading your Blog and seeing photos of his latest helmet it brought back happy memories of a truly great racer.
My first memories of him were at oulton Park in the 1974 Transatlantic Races . He rode a John Player Norton and waved at what I thought was me and my Dad every time he came past us.
I did not realise until after the race that he was waving at his Team mate Yvon Duhamel who was stood by us after being injured in an earlier race.
My fascination with this guy and the others who could race on road and also pitch it sideways on dirt at over 100mph was born.
Perhaps this photo is a rare as I don't think he raced Grass Track again.
Great Mag. I will subscribe.
Tim Beaumont

1 comment:

lewis75uk said...

very cool !!!!!!!!!