Monday 22 June 2009

Star Twin

Star Twin is a proper bike shop with a hands-on attitude to building and fixing. They're not lost in subserviance to microfiche part numbers. They're Holland's premier Ducati dealer, with a substantial race trophy cabinet. Almost churning out one-off specials, including exhausts; both hi-tech and oldendays. They are that respected that they have even done prototype work for Ducati themselves. BP

Their 1100 cc 2 valve Super Squalo which just won the Due Valvole class at Assen





OB2 with it's bespoke Star Twin exhaust (an old dry-build snap)

Cider powerd Triumph with new olde style Star Twin exhaust.

As an antedote to sharp end technology Wieger Heukels the shop manager is building a 741 Indian for himself. We look forward to seeing the finished article.

12 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Anymore info on this Triumph? Is it one of the originals?

Dan said...

'Squalo' is a very pleasing word.I wish there were more opportunities to use it. I guess I'll just have to breed.

'Squaaaaalo - get in ere right now, yer tea's ready'

Suerte, Dan

Sideburn Magazine said...

Ringading'
- Nope, it's a Bonneville based replica of one of the original 1977 Gordon Matthews' framed 'Cider Sliders' that were built for the Yanks in the UK series (that flopped but were still historical).
BP

Unknown said...

Cheers Ben -The original was one of the bikes that influenced my own Triumph Project. Love the Orange tanks!

Sideburn Magazine said...

Ringa'
Strongbow was one of the drinks that influenced my own youth!
BP

Unknown said...

I've been meaning to visit the one they have in London to take some pics - unless anybody else has?

I might paint my bike Yellow and put a Corona Beer Badge on it!

1stDalton said...

He guys,
Thanks for the pic on this site from my bike (strongbow cider slider). I hope you like it. I did my best to rebuild it and yes, the front brake is not original, but I like to drive it on the public road as well..!!
Greetz. Rob

Anonymous said...

Just picked up this blog again & found the cider slider. Sadly I spent 1/2 hour staring at the original one in the Greenford Museum thinking how I could get one myself & put it on the road. 1stDalton we need to speak, is it a trackmaster frame etc?
Cheers Sonic

Chester Belter said...

First post in all! it's me (not anonymous this time). I'll try & post some photos of the one in the museum that got me thinking.
Sonic

Chester Belter said...

Life's too short, how do I post these photos

Sideburn Magazine said...

Sonic
Email them to us at:
dirt@sideburnmagazine.com
BP